Moon Seeks Braddock District Supervior SeatJanuary 2009 - Ilryong Moon is seeking the Braddock District Board of Supervisors seat that will become vacant when Sharon Bulova wins the special election for Chairman of the Board of Supervisors. Visit Moon4Supervisor.com for more information.
Ilryong Moon Wins Re-election to School BoardOn Tuesday, November 6, 2007, Fairfax County voters re-elected Ilryong Moon to a third term on the Fairfax County School Board. Ilryong would like to thank his supporters, volunteers and family, all of whom helped to make his campaign successful.
Ilryong Moon is seeking re-election as the at-large representative on the Fairfax County School Board. He brings to the office eight years of leadership experience - he was intially appointed to an at-large seat in 1995, then elected to represent the Braddock District from 1996 through 1999. Ilryong was elected again in 2004 as an at-large representative, serving as School Board Chairman in 2006 and Vice-Chairman in 2005. If re-elected, he intends to push for expanding full-day kindergarten programs throughout the county and fight to maintain programs that produce well-rounded, excellent students.
Moon brings a unique perspective to the board as a former ESL student, a graduate of Harvard University and the William and Mary Law School, the husband of a public school teacher and the father of a two sons who attended Fairfax County Schools (one still attends as a junior). He is a member of the Governor's Urban Policy Task Force and a former member of the Virginia Advisory Committee of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission and the Fairfax County Planning Commission.
Vote November 6, 2007!
Ilryong is proud to be endorsed by:
See all of Ilryong's endorsements »
Latest News from the Campaign
On September 24, students from Woodson High School and Westfield High School visited our Anderson Road office. The student volunteers took a tour, stuffed county-wide candidate inserts into literature that will be dropped at homes by the state coordinated campaign, and then headed off to hand out Moon pencils at local back-to-school nights.
To learn more about volunteering on the campaign, contact campaign manager Kimberli Costabile at email@example.com or call our campaign office at 703-556-8989.
|More news »|
Dedicated to Superior Schools
in Fairfax County
I will continue to work to:
- Maintain high academic standards and student performance in our schools
- Expand full-day kindergarten countywide
- Bring reasonable improvements to No Child Left Behind laws
- Ensure effective and efficient operation of programs
- Recruit and retain excellent teachers and administrators
- Reduce achievement gap among diverse groups of students
- Keep schools safe
About Ilryong Moon
- Member, Fairfax County School Board, 1995-1999; 2004-present
- School Board Vice Chairman 2005 and Board Chairman 2006
- Resident of Northern Virginia since 1974
- Father of a graduate and current student of Fairfax County Public Schools
- Harvard University, B.A., cum laude, 1981
- William and Mary Law School, J.D., 1984
- Partner, Moon, Park & Associates in Annandale
- Member, Governor's Urban Policy Task Force
|Read more »|